In using this calculator, you, the user, understands and accepts the limitations of the information provided:
- The results are directional estimates based on the values you provide;
- The result is not an engineered solution;
- The calculator does not account for other forces that might be applicable or present (e.g. veering (yaw),
pitch, waves, fetch, tidal current, rolling, rafting with other boats, etc)
- The default value for "Speed at Anchor" is based on generally accepted use in publications and is not backed by actual
scientific studies and you understand the value can be changed to a value you believe is more accurate;
- The default value for Working Load Limit (WLL) is 12%. It's generally accepted the WLL for 3-strand
nylon is 10% - 20% of the minimum break strength depending on the safety factor. Again, the value can be changed by you
to a value that you deem to be more accurate.
- The values for rope tensile strength used in the calculations are based on an average of values published
by several manufacturers and/or the American Cordage Institute;
- Snubbers and bridles may vary in design and the quality of construction and raw materials used in them may vary
from manufacturer-to-manufacturer. This calculator assumes the manufacturer's design is sound, and the construction and materials
used are of sufficient quality to support the product's intended purpose(s);
- The calculations and subsequent results assume the rope is new and has not been altered or damaged.
Limits of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, snubberhead.com and 48 Degrees North, LLC shall not be liable for any
direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, loss of vessel(s), property damage or personal
injury to the user or others, whether incurred directly or indirectly, from the use of the calculator service. THE AGGREGATE MAXIMUM
LIABILITY OF SNUBBERHEAD.COM AND 48 DEGREES NORTH, LLC ENTITIES SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN U.S. DOLLARS ($10.00 USD) FOR ANY CLAIM.
The limitation shall apply to any liability, whether based on warranty, contract,
statute, tort - including negligence - or otherwise, and whether or not snubberhead.com and 48 Degrees
North, LLC have been informed of the possibility of any such damage and, and even if a remedy is set forth herein is found to